Air Guitar World Championships 2016
AMERICA’S AIRISTOTLE TAKES THE TITLE OF AIR GUITAR WORLD CHAMPION
The fourth time was a charm for American Matt "Airistotle" Burns, who won the 21st Air Guitar World Championships in convincing fashion on 26 August in Oulu, Finland. The word to describe the win in Finnish is "sisu," which means perseverance.
After three years of second-place finishes, Burns vaulted to the top of the pack to become the air guitar champion of the world.
"Since it's an Olympic year, I'm stoked to bring the title back home to my country," said Burns.
Burns unseated former champ Kereel "Your Daddy" Blumenkrants, his friend from Russia, who placed second. The close friendship of the two best air guitarists in the world is proof that the Air Guitar World Championships' message of unity and world peace is a real one.
Nicole "Mom Jeans Jeanie" Sevcik and her husband Luke "Van Dammage" Sevcik made competitive air guitar history as the first married couple to make the second round of competition, placing third and fifth respectively.
Peace and goodwill filled the air as a crowd of more than 5,000 sang along to a Karaoke performance of The Beatles' "All You Need is Love" during the show's halftime.
15 air guitarists from around the world competed in this year’s Air Guitar World Championships Final.
1. Matt "Airistotle" Burns (USA) 35,7 (17,7)
2. Kereel "Your Daddy" Blumenkrants (RUS) 34,8 (17,3)
3. Nicole "Mom Jeans Jeanie" Sevcik (USA) 34,3 (17,1)
4. Rob "The Marquis" Messel (USA) 34,1 (17,0)
5. Dave "G. Tso Money" Chen (TW) 33,7 (17,0)
5. Luke "Van Dammage" Sevcik 33,7 (17,0)
7. Manami "TAM" Morita (JPN) 33,6 (16,9)
8. Dave "Onkel Udo" Wonz (GER) 33,3 (17,0)
9. Blake "The Canadian Tuxedo" Johnston (CAN) 16,8
10. Daniel "Moredrive" Oldemeier (GER) 16,7
10. Vincent "Lord Scrat" Roussel (FRA) 16,7
12. Jeffrey "The Airtiste" Stiles (USA) 16,5
13. Thom " w!ldth!ng" Wilding (UK) 16,3
14. Giesela "Gizzy Guitar" Visser (NZL) 16,2
15. Carlos "Hanzel the Manzel" Mengual (CAN) 15,8
High quality photos are available on Media Gallery: http://www.airguitarworldchampionships.com/en/press/media-gallery/
National Finals in July: Germany and Canada
Air Guitar World Championships 2016 is approaching, and this weekend the first national champion is chosen in Germany on Saturday 9 of July. The national Final will take place in Circus Maximus in Koblenz - and only one of the contestants will win the golden ticket to compete at the World final in Oulu!
The national winner of Canada will also be chosen soon, as the national final will be celebrated in Toronto on July 16th. The season 2016 in Canada has been ruled by women, as four of the regional winners are ladies - let's see if one of the airy ladies will be the representative of Canada this year!
More info at http://airguitarcanada.org
Let the Airness lead you!
Japan Championships starts in May
Japan, the legendary country of air guitar, announced the dates for their championships - the first qualifying round is held in Nagoya on 15th of May. Get ready air-heads, entry for the rocking competition is open now!
Japanese Air Guitar Championships 2016:
-May 15th - 1st Preliminary round in Nagoya (@ Nagoya Carnival Stars)
- May 29th - 2nd preliminary round in Tokyo (@ Shinkuju Loft)
- June 25th - 3rd preliminary round in Tokyo (@ Shinkuju Loft)
- July 9th - 4th preliminary round in Kagoshima (@ special stage in city of Hioki, Kagoshima)
- August 7th - the national final in Tokyo (@ Zicro Tokyo)
Season 2016 begins in Germany
Good news from Germany: the 13. season of German Air Guitar Championships starts this Saturday in Koblenz! The first round will take place in Discothek Dreams, and the event will be followed by the Bavarian Championships in Münich on April 8th.
Let’s see who will challenge Lady Liberty, the victorious German champion from 2014 & 2015, AGWC Headquarters wishes good luck to all the contestants!
German championships 2016
* Rhinland- Palatinate Championships @ Koblenz, Discothek Dreams, March 26th
* Bavarian Championships @ Münich, Backstage, April 8th
* National Final @ Koblenz, Circus Maximus, July 9th
Starting the season 2016 - US and Canada published dates
The season of Air Guitar World Championships 2016 was opened by Us Air Guitar Championships at the end of February, as they held the first official competition of 2016 on the Axes and Anchors cruise. The show on the high seas was hosted by the 2013 Air Guitar World Champion Mean Melin.
US Air Guitar also announced the dates of the national championships’ starting in June. The entry is open now at EventBrite
US Air Guitar Semifinals 2016:
June 17 @ Portland, Dante’s
June 18@ San Diego, The Merrow
June 24 @ Chicago, Subterranean
July 2 @ Boston, The Middle East
July 9 @ Kansas City, Kanza Hall
July 16 @ Washington DC, Black Cat
Canada will also start the hunt of the country’s best air guitarist as the qualifying rounds start in Saskatoon on May 14th. The registration is open now here
The Canadian championships 2016:
May 14 @ Saskatoon, Farmer’s Market
May 28 @ Toronto, Drake’s Underground
June 3 @ Montreal (Location TBA)
June 4 @ Ottawa, House of Targ
June 18 @ Red Deer, Fratter’s Speak Easy
June 25 @ Midland/Penetanguishene, Maple Valley Club
July 16, The National final @ Toronto, Virgin Mobile Mod Club
Celebrating the 21st season of AGWC! #worldairguitar